Uploading an Expense
Creating an Expense Report
- Get automated Monthly Expense Reports sent to you via e-mail by clicking on the Reports tab when logged in online or in app
- Custom expense reports can be sent at any time, click the Expenses tab, select the expenses you want to include, click Export and choose where you want it sent and hey presto it's in your inbox
- Expense Reports consist of a PDF report with all receipt images included and an Excel spreadsheet of all your expenses
- Both monthly and custom expense reports appear in the same formats
What is Bookkeeper Service?
- Bookkeeper Service means that our bookkeepers type your receipt details into an Expense Report
- Bookkeeper Service is unlimited and free to all new users for the first month
- Bookkeeper Service enables you to upload receipts via email and online at https://expensemagic.com/users/login/
Who are the Bookkeepers?
- ExpenseMagic works with a specially selected Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) partner in India, which is accredited by HSBC and Citibank
- Trained bookkeepers login to our system in a secure environment to view your expense receipt and enter the data
Can ExpenseMagic process foreign expenses?
- Yes. ExpenseMagic currently supports most of the worlds' currencies. If your currency is not supported please notify us on email@example.com and we will attempt to accommodate this in our next release.
Do I need to keep the physical receipt?
- No. Digital copies of receipts are accepted by the relevant authorities.
My Expense was 'Rejected'
- Your receipt will only be rejected if it is illegible or if there is crucial information missing
Upgrading your Account
- Download the ExpenseMagic iPhone app and login
- Go to the Account tab and press 'Bookkeeper Service Prices'
- Here you can purchase 'Bookkeeper Service' for 1 month, 3 months or 1 year
- Share with your friends for extra 'Bookkeeper Service' on us
- If you don't have the iPhone app and wish to purchase please email ExpenseMagic (firstname.lastname@example.org) for alternative payment methods
- We are linked to Dropbox, OfficeDrop, Evernote, FreeAgent, Xero and Freshbooks
- Visit the Connect tab and click on the service you would like to connect with
- You will be asked to login to the appropriate service in order to link the two accounts
- After you link your accounts, all future ExpenseMagic uploads will be pushed automatically to the appropriate service.
- If you'd like to link your ExpenseMagic account with any other service, drop us an email to email@example.com with your suggestion.
I mistyped my email address
- Do not fear you can easily change your email address by logging on at https://expensemagic.com/users/login/ and visiting the Settings page
NOTE: To log in you must spell the email address the same as on the Account page in app until you have changed it
I've forgotten my password
Is my data secure?
- Yes, even if you lose your phone your data will not be lost.
- You can access your data at all times at https://expensemagic.com/users/login/.
- Our processing outsourcing partner adheres to the highest security standards and is ISO certified for adherence to the standards ISO 27001:2005 (Information Security Management System) and ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System).